115 Now OnlineOpen Forums   ❱
Alien 5

Alien 5 Movie News, Cast, Plot & Release Date

Alien 5

Your #1 source for the latest news on Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Michael Biehn talks more Alien 5, says it's happening and that there will be a new Newt!

Chris

Written By Chris on 2016-08-01 14:06:44

Following the actor's 60th birthday yesterday, Aliens and Terminator icon Michael Biehn sat down with Forbes to discuss a multitude of topics, from the Aliens 30th reunion which just passed, to whether or not he would work with James Cameron again. But, halfway through the interview, the inevitable topic of Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 came up and Biehn once again opened up about the project which currently awaits Alien: Covenant's release to get rolling again.

Forbes: Will we see you and Sigourney Weaver on screen together again?

Michael Biehn: Do you want to long version of the short version? When you think about Aliens, that final third part of the movie is about Sigourney’s character, Ripley, saving Newt and my character, Hicks, helping her. To have Newt and I gone when the third one started, I think, immediately turned off a lot of fans from the franchise. To me, it didn’t work and neither did the fourth film or Alien vs Predator movies so I thought the franchise was dead. I got a call a few years ago from Neill Blomkamp and my agent say he wants to put me in his new movie, he was interested in me playing the antagonist and could I film myself doing a scene for him – it didn’t feel like an audition. I thought I did a pretty good job but I got a call from my agent saying I didn’t get the part and I was surprised because I thought he wanted me to be in it. I was disappointed, I’ve been disappointed before when I didn’t get a part and with things like Avatar and the third Alien movie, but the next thing I hear is that Sigourney Weaver is doing the movie. I looked it up on IMDB and she was doing the part that I guess I was auditioning for! I was like, ‘Sigourney, you’re killing me!’.

Forbes: He’s working on an Alien-related project so what about that?

Michael Biehn: Well, she’s doing the movie, Chappie, and he pitches her an idea for another movie in the Alien franchise, which I thought was dead and gone as she probably did too as well as Fox. He tweeted out some pictures of me, he said he’s going take the third and fourth film and act like they never happened and things blew up. It looked like it was all go and then Ridley Scott decided that he was going to do a second and third film in the Prometheus series, but Sigourney says they are still doing their project. I think it would be very embarrassing to Fox if they don’t give Sigourney the movie that she really wants to go out on. I don’t know when it’s going to happen but I know it’s going to happen and I know I’m going to be in it and there’s going to be a new Newt, she’s going to be about 26 or 27 and looks a lot like Jennifer Lawrence to me but I don’t know. Maybe there’ll be a passing of whatever and then the franchise can move on so they can make more money because that’s what it’s all about.

You can read the entire interview over on Forbes' website!

Michael Biehn is expected to reprise his iconic role as United States Colonial Marine Cpl. Dwayne Hicks, along with Sigourney Weaver in Alien 5 - assuming further script revisions don't take place. As Michael reiterated, Newt is also going to be a main focal point of the new movie (possibly even series), which aims to run parallel to Alien 3 and Resurrection, but in an "alternate timeline" - essentially discounting the third and fourth Alien sequels while not writing them off completely.

For more breaking news on ALIEN 5, keep your motion trackers locked on Scified!

If you're a fan of Alien / Prometheus and are looking forward to Alien 5, be sure to join in our Alien 5 forum! Ranked the #1 Prometheus forum back in 2012 and hosting a community of over 31,182 members, it's a great place to discuss the upcoming Prometheus sequels, dissect details from every trailer and engage with like-minded fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Alien 5 News blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Replies

Something RealAug-01-2016 2:49 PM

CHRIS PICARD - How fantastic! Mr. Biehn is such an excellent actor - and was, if I might say so, extremely handsome during his prime! I hope that he will be able to lend his considerable skill to Alien 5! :)

Thoughts_DreamsAug-01-2016 2:50 PM

I am more interested in Alien Covenant than this one. For some reason it feels like they are recycling things.

Durp004Aug-01-2016 3:12 PM

I feel like we're going to have a Predators scenario where everyone on the film talks about how it will be better than the first follow up and be what the people really want. Then it will come out and be about the same level.

Can't say till we see it, but I don't really expect much from a follow up to an action movie with 2 of the main characters being in their 60s, and coming way to late to really matter at this point.

MonsterZeroAug-01-2016 4:41 PM

It'll be good competition(we hope)between A5 and the Prometheus films...trying to top each other.

I really hope they tie into the Prometheus arc somehow.

MizikameAug-01-2016 5:15 PM

@MONSTERZERO: Agreed ^_^

Hawley GriffinAug-01-2016 10:15 PM

"It was the machines sarah"....

Hawley GriffinAug-01-2016 10:17 PM

I really want them (prometheus and alien5) to connect...we just have to wait and see how neil will do it after these prometheus sequels go out... I think he's waiting too, inorder to tie it up properly for his to make sense and coincide...who knows right?....and who knows what Ridley will do lol

Hawley GriffinAug-01-2016 10:20 PM

Poor Jennifer Lawrence lol ;( replaced with a newer and younger newt...owell........what will bishop be up to?...will he have a new set of legs? lol

BigDaveAug-02-2016 7:24 AM

212

Hopefully this is a passing of the Torch for Ripley to Newt.... but i would not count Ripley  out of having a influence in future movies after Alien 5

I think if this movie works well, and becomes a hit in the fans eyes (as well as make a good return which usually the status quo)  then if the Female Actress who is cast as Newt does a good job and the character is believable and works then it could be a good little earner for her as i am sure Fox would look to maybe make 1-2 more sequels if all goes well

Just a case of how many more times can we see the xenomorph before its not just cooked.. but cremated.

SuspensoriumAug-19-2016 12:57 PM

It would be really cool to see Newt become a character kind of like Billie from the Earth Hive book trilogy, with her own motivations and personality, to bring the franchise forward through new movies. Would also love to see someone try to do Hiveworld on screen, with some cool and ALIEN landscapes - not just doing the "oh my gosh, Aliens are attacking our spaceship/station/prison/world". Bring the fight to them and explore the mystical aspects of their nature. :-)

DorkiDoriAug-19-2016 1:06 PM

Uh @suspensiorium... Billie WAS Newt in the books... The books were based from the Dark Horse Comics that continued the franchise after ALIENS with Hicks and Newt being the two main characters of the Black/White and Airbrush series. Ripley came back in Earth War (which was retitled of Earth Hive for the standard books). Wilks = Hicks and Billie = Newt and in no way was Ripley an android in the comics! lol

Sign in with your Scified.com account to add a comment!

Password

or Create an Account
Visitor Comments

More Alien 5 Articles

Welcome to the Alien 5 fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Alien fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes! Over 31,182 fans have already signed up!

About Alien 5

Alien 5 Movie

Release Date:

TBA

Plot Synopsis:

Neill Blomkamp will be directing a new Alien movie for 20th Century Fox which will act as a sequel to Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien and James Cameron's Aliens. Sigourney Weaver will reprise her role as Ellen Ripley and face the dreaded Xenomorph once again. Michael Biehn is also expected to reprise his role as Cpl. Dwayne Hicks. Currently, no release date is set for Blomkamp's Alien 5 however the plot for the film will take place well after the events of Ridley Scott's Prometheus and its sequel and closer to the timeline between Aliens and Alien 3. Alien and Prometheus director Ridley Scott will executive produce.

Latest Alien 5 Images

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Jan-15-2017 10:11 PM
0 Comments

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Jan-15-2017 10:10 PM
0 Comments

Ripley Space Jockey Suit (Concept Art)

Ripley Space Jockey Suit (Concept Art)

Jan-15-2017 10:10 PM
0 Comments

Ripley and Hicks Alien 5 (Concept Art)

Ripley and Hicks Alien 5 (Concept Art)

Jan-15-2017 10:09 PM
0 Comments

Latest Alien 5 Forum Topics

Who should play Newt in Alien 5?

20 Replies, Last Post: 2017-01-15 22:18:38

ALIEN 5: CGI Characters? Digital Sigourney Weaver?

2 Replies, Last Post: 2017-01-08 15:58:33

What If... Ripley, Hicks, and Newt didn't die on Fiorina 161?

36 Replies, Last Post: 2016-12-12 22:28:26

What you need to know about Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

2 Replies, Last Post: 2016-11-26 07:31:51

In Alien 5...what happens to this system?

12 Replies, Last Post: 2016-11-22 11:21:21

Awesome Alien 5 fan poster!

3 Replies, Last Post: 2016-11-07 16:12:28

ALIEN: Ultrasonic Communication?

2 Replies, Last Post: 2016-11-06 07:54:01

ALIEN 5: Time Traveling Ripleys?

35 Replies, Last Post: 2016-11-06 07:53:23

Alien5-Movie.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien 5. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien 5, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien 5 and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien 5's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: