Alien 5

Alien 5 Movie News, Cast, Plot & Release Date

Alien 5

Your #1 source for the latest news on Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Neill Blomkamp thinks Alien 5 is completely dead.

Neill Blomkamp thinks Alien 5 is completely dead.
Chris

Written By Chris on 2017-06-03 10:03:28

After years of anticipation and mixed messages from various people involved it would seem that Neill Blomkamp's vision of an Alien 5 are completely dead in the water. The enthusiastic director had shared some pretty exciting concept art back in 2015, which sparked a multitude of excitement amongst Alien fans worldwide.

The story of Alien 5 was going to resurrect Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley and Michael Biehn as Cpl. Dwayne Hicks in a fresh, ret-con sequel to James Cameron's Aliens. The film was going to introduce us to an adult Newt who would carry on the legacy of Xenomorph-battling badass heroine following Weaver's passing of the torch. Alien 5 would also essentially write off Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection as "bad dreams" according to early plot descriptions and interviews. However, despite the growing support Neill received for his project, it would seem as though Fox have very little interest in pursuing his dreams, at least for now.

Speaking to The Verge, Blomkamp explained:

The Verge: You’ve been asked about this a lot, but I’m guessing that your Alien concept is completely done, right?

Blomkamp: I think it’s totally dead, yes. That would be an accurate assumption at this point.

It’s sad. I spent a long time working on that, and I feel like it was really pretty awesome. But politically, the way it’s gone now, and the way that it all is — it’s just not going to live.

The Verge: As in studio politics?

Blomkamp: Yeah. Ridley [Scott] was one of my idols growing up. He’s so talented and he’s made this film that really set me off in a direction. I want to just be as respectful and not go stamping around in this world that he created. I think that if the circumstances were different, and I didn’t feel like I was getting too close to something that he obviously feels a massive personal connection to, that things that may have played out differently. But I did want to be as respectful as possible.

During press rounds for Alien: Covenant, Ridley put to rest early assumptions that Blomkamp had provided a script for Alien 5, alluding that in reality only a few pages of concepts were provided to the studio. Naturally, Scott boarded as an executive producer just in case the project did take flight, so he could ensure no contradictions between his lineup of Prometheus sequels and Blomkamp's planned spin off.

Unfortunately for fans who were looking forward to a revisitation of Cameron's Alien world, the likelihood of Alien 5 entering legitimate production any time soon is fairly slim to none as it stands.

Fox do still own the rights to Blomkamp's Alien project and we know through our own sources that various artists were commissioned to produce work for the potential film. Will Fox ever consider Alien 5 as a spin off once Ridley Scott's Prometheus sequels / Alien prequels have run their course? It's certainly a possibility, especially depending how the public react to the next Alien: Covenant sequels. But alas, as things stand currently, it would seem Alien 5 will remain in hypersleep for some time.

What do you think of Blomkamp's remarks? Are you glad or sad that Fox have indefinitely shelved the project? Sound off your thoughts and opinions below. Thanks to AvPGalaxy for the heads up.

For those looking forward to Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5, be sure to join in our Alien 5 forum! With a community of over 35,574 members, it's a great place to discuss the upcoming Alien film.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 movie by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Alien 5 News blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Replies

JonesyJun-03-2017 10:16 AM

I want to see a ALIEN5, but against writing off Alien 3 and Resurrection.

CalpamosJun-03-2017 10:41 AM

You know, I know he feels crushed at the moment by all of this, but I think the under performance of Covenant might fast track his concept after the next one.  He shouldn't lose heart

Capt TorgoJun-03-2017 10:45 AM

I think Blomkamp has got to prove his worth and that he can achieve another success like D5 without forcing the Social Justice Warrior Stuff down our throats like he did in his last two films. I just think these directors feel they are breathing rareified air and the general public will gleefully gulp up their elitist dribble. Maybe some new blood is required but kudos for him trying to sell it/something Alien.

Engineer Tech BrettJun-03-2017 11:01 AM

To be honest I am kinda glad that its dead now. Boomkamp did really well with District 9 but the films he did after weren't very good. Another reason that I don't want this film to go ahead is that, I don't want Ripley anymore. Having Ripley in so many of these films is making Alien seem like Halloween in space. Her story is finished for me anyway. New characters and new stories.

TiwazJun-03-2017 1:07 PM

They don't need Ripley. They have the perfect protagonist already. Capt. D. Brackett (Alien: River of Pain), Colonial Marine and survivor of Hadley's Hope. He's an ex of Newt's mother and tried to rescue Newt when they escaped Acheron. And he is mighty pissed at W-Y.

Why not having a male lead for once?

afrolitoJun-03-2017 6:39 PM

Sigourney Weaver is the heart and soul of the Alien series. All things come to an end, and I'm not against them passing the torch to new protagonists, but Ripley must always be respected. Without her, none of those films would have become as iconic as they have. Having said that, I don't like the idea of Neil dismissing 3 and 4 as bad dreams. I quite liked them, especially Resurrection.

After seeing the high fuckery of Alien: Covenant, I've lost all faith in Ridley Scott. Prometheus is a masterpiece of sci fi, and it deserved a better sequel than the mess I saw last week.

IRaptusJun-03-2017 8:53 PM

141

Tiwaz agreed!

Brackett is a great flawed hero. He has a legitimate reason to continue the story from LV-426 in his quest for justice and revenge against W-Y. He went rogue from the Colonial Marines so he has no strings attached. We could finally see someone capable of taking it to the Company for once too.

What more can you need!?

nudger40Jun-04-2017 12:05 AM

I think AC turned into Alien 5 along the way, as soon as NB's A5 got positive feedback AC changed direction.

AndoV2.0Jun-04-2017 9:38 AM

According to the comments it's clear there were issues at boardroom level and it seems Ridley has had a say in this.

Whilst I don't agree with all the negatvity around Covenant - I enjoyed it - I was much more looking forward to Neills vision.

I have tweeted Neill to ask if he would consider having his 'vision' turned into a game or novel/graphic novel but didn't get a response (I'm sure he is sick of A5 questions to be fair) but would love to see what his vision was. I don't see the need to waste all the work that has been done.

I hope FOX reconsider however time is an issue with the cast not getting younger.

Gee WJun-04-2017 9:40 AM

Ripley's character had a beautiful tragic ending, undermining that with glorified fan-fic does nothing but hurt the franchise. People are divisive over Ridley Scott's prequel films, but at least they leave the character of Ripley alone. And she was the core of the original movies.

I see potential for separate stories, focusing on other aspects of the universe like the Colonial Marines. You don't even need to put the alien in there. Once Ridley Scott finishes his new story line we'll have 3 movies that tell the story of Ripley, 1 about her hybrid clone, 3 about David and the engineers and then they are free to tell new stories.

LiquidSinisterJun-05-2017 10:34 AM

People saying "good" and that they're glad Neill's take is apparently "dead" I don't get. Just as I don't get people wishing for Alien: Covenant to bomb(it is though, no doubt about it) because this most likely means NOBODY on both sides of this Blomkamp vs Scott directed films is going to win. If you're a fan of the series, you want more movies. It's as simple as that. While I initially liked Covenant, once I got home and really started thinking about it, made me realize that Fox greenlit the wrong Alien movie.

Covenant IMHO was a mess of a narrative, much like Prometheus. Scott has taken his cart off the rails now and he's turned the franchise into over-explained gibberish. He and Fox took the positive fan publicity from Neill's concept art for ALIEN V and the promise of bringing back Ripley, Hicks, Newt and possibly Bishop and used that as a sign to greenlight Prometheus 2 aka (o.k, we'll call it Alien in the title now and give them the creature and female Ripley ripoff) after Scott very publicly said the ALIEN wasn't scary anymore and wouldn't use it but rather come up with something else.

So Scott backtracked on his own words and the recent films are just over explanation of mysteries that should have stayed that way.

Keep tweeting Fox and Neill for ALIEN V. I think it's pretty clear Fox won't let Ridley do another ALIEN film at this point. Ironic that it may come full circle and be Neill's movie that saves the franchise.

AndoV2.0Jun-06-2017 9:46 AM

I would really like to see his proposed A5 turned into a novel/game as it seems a waste to let all that work disappear. If done well that would be the next best thing.

Failing that, someone else picking up on the 'extended universe' to create other films or even a TV series (one can hope) perhaps around the Marines would be great.

HadarJun-06-2017 11:26 AM

I would love to get Alien 5, but as Alien Resurrection sequel. I'm totally against deleting Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection!! And I have Blomkamp SJW agenda! So I'm even happy that Blomkamp won't screw with Alien franchise.

Sign in with your Scified.com account to add a comment!

Password

or Create an Account
Visitor Comments

More Alien 5 Articles

Welcome to the Alien 5 fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Alien fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes! Over 35,574 fans have already signed up!

About Alien 5

Alien 5 Movie

Release Date:

TBA

Plot Synopsis:

Neill Blomkamp will be directing a new Alien movie for 20th Century Fox which will act as a sequel to Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien and James Cameron's Aliens. Sigourney Weaver will reprise her role as Ellen Ripley and face the dreaded Xenomorph once again. Michael Biehn is also expected to reprise his role as Cpl. Dwayne Hicks. Currently, no release date is set for Blomkamp's Alien 5 however the plot for the film will take place well after the events of Ridley Scott's Prometheus and its sequel and closer to the timeline between Aliens and Alien 3. Alien and Prometheus director Ridley Scott will executive produce.

Latest Alien 5 Images

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Jan-15-2017 10:11 PM
0 Comments

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Alien 5 Environment Concept Art

Jan-15-2017 10:10 PM
2 Comments

Ripley Space Jockey Suit (Concept Art)

Ripley Space Jockey Suit (Concept Art)

Jan-15-2017 10:10 PM
1 Comments

Ripley and Hicks Alien 5 (Concept Art)

Ripley and Hicks Alien 5 (Concept Art)

Jan-15-2017 10:09 PM
0 Comments

Latest Alien 5 Forum Topics

How Alien 5 would make sense between Aliens and Alien 3

3 Replies, Last Post: 2017-07-08 00:36:28

What are we waiting for?

1 Replies, Last Post: 2017-06-13 21:31:00

So Who's Lying?

6 Replies, Last Post: 2017-05-15 18:33:06

Alien 5 script of mine

6 Replies, Last Post: 2017-05-04 18:59:42

Alien/s Rule Book??? Where do I/We get one?

5 Replies, Last Post: 2017-04-30 05:40:25

Awesome Alien 5 fan poster!

4 Replies, Last Post: 2017-03-21 08:43:17

Alien 5 Script

3 Replies, Last Post: 2017-02-27 08:15:10

How Hudson (and possibly Morse) could be in Alien 5!!

13 Replies, Last Post: 2017-02-08 01:36:14

AVP movie?

5 Replies, Last Post: 2017-02-02 04:47:50

Alien5-Movie.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Alien 5. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Alien 5, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Alien and Prometheus looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Alien 5 and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Alien 5's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: